#52 – Grinders Kansas City
417 East 18th Street, Kansas City, MO 64108
Atmosphere: Laid-back, grungy.
Good for: A quick slice and a pint of beer.
Pro tip: If it’s nice, sit on the patio.
Grinders Kansas City is an eccentric bar and restaurant, known for pizza, wings and beer. With CrossroadsKC in the back yard, enjoy live music, local beer and great food in one place.
About Grinders Kansas City
Grinders is about as eclectic as it gets. Airplane seats for chairs, walls covered in pictures and an outdoor music venue, CrossroadsKC, in the backyard.
Grinders was started by Stretch, a sculpture artist who once toured with GWAR. Since his entry into the restaurant business, he’s been featured on multiple Food Network shows, including Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and Guy’s Big Bite. Stretch even toured twice with Guy Fieri on his national Foodapalooza Roadshow.
With all of Grinder Kansas City’s success, there are now four Kansas City-area locations.
What to get at Grinders Kansas City
Just about any bar and grill food you could want, Grinders serves, though they pride themselves on Philly cheesesteaks, pizza and hot wings. The kitchen’s open, so you can see your pizza going in the oven and cheesesteak grilling on the stove top.
Grinders Kansas City has great daily specials, like 2 for 1 slices of pizza on Mondays and 3 for $1 tacos on Thursday. They also have a very wide beer selection that is constantly changing.
- Delirium Tremens (ON TAP!)
- Local beers (from Boulevard, Martin City and more)
- German and Belgian beers
- Philly cheesesteak – Supposedly voted the best Philly west of the Mississippi.
- Pizza – Get it by the slice, or order a whole pie.
- Loaded tots – I mean you can’t really go wrong with tots, ever.
- Hot wings in Wimpy, Molten, Near Death and Death Nectar (I’ve only had wimpy, because I am, in fact, a wimp. They were delicious, but if you want to torture yourself, try the others. You can purchase their hot sauce, too.)
- Chicken strips – Surprisingly delicious, even if it makes you feel like a 5-year-old.
Stop in for a beer and wings, or hang out for a live summer concert. xx, Libbie.