#52 – Green Lady Lounge
1809 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108
Good for: Intimate date nights.
Atmosphere: Dim lighting, retro décor, live jazz.
Tip: Eat before you come, they only serve snacky apps.
The Green Lady Lounge pays homage to Kansas City’s jazz history with live, no-cover jazz performances seven days a week. With a killer cocktail menu, the Green Lady Lounge is the perfect place for an intimate, relaxing date night.
About The Green Lady Lounge
Since its opening in 2013, The Green Lady Lounge has become a staple in the Kanas City live jazz and craft cocktail scene.
As you walk in, it feels as though a speakeasy in the Roaring 20s might. The space is dimly lit with candles on the tables and hanging lamps above the bar. The bartenders are dressed in suits and ties. The lower level stage, known as the Orion, is a stone basement lit by chandeliers. Upstairs, bands play in the middle of the guest seating. The two stages allow weekend jazz performances to alternate with almost no time between shows.
Their drink menu is pretty comprehensive with wine, beer, liquor and cocktails. Like Tom’s Town and The Rieger, the Green Lady Lounge has a great cocktail menu that features traditional drinks (Manhattans and French 75s) and exclusive to them drinks.
Need to Knows about the Green Lady Lounge
- Eat dinner before you come, or expect to snack. They offer only two food options, a charcuterie plate and a hummus plate.
- Like most places Downtown and in the Crossroads, parking can be a pain. Expect to walk a bit on the weekends.
- There’s never a cover to get in.
- Enjoy late-night jazz – they’re open till 3am, every night of the week.
- They pay homage to Kansas City’s jazz history and feature many Kansas City musicians.
Even if jazz music isn’t your typically your style, the Green Lady Lounge is a fun experience for all. xx, Libbie.