#84 – Brookside Shopping District
Brookside Area, Kansas City
Cost: Free – $$
Good for: Everything you need in a 6-block radius.
Tip: Take a Kansas City B-Cycle along Trolley Trail – it goes right through the Brookside Shopping District.
The Brookside Shopping District is nestled in the beautiful, historic Brookside neighborhood. Explore the district on foot and peruse more than 80 shops and restaurants. You’ll find delightful restaurants, well-curated boutiques and neighborhood hangouts.
Brookside is an upper-class neighborhood in Kansas City, Missouri. Like the Country Club Plaza, Brookside was designed by real estate developer, J.C. Nichols. The area was planned and designed in 1920, as the city’s first suburban shopping area.
Today it remains a suburban shopping area with dozens and dozens of shops to meet your every need. From grocery stores to boutiques and restaurants, the Brookside Shopping District is a destination for all in the Kansas City metro, not just Brookside residents.
Where to Visit in the Brookside Shopping District
- Charlie Hooper’s – Bar food and cheap drinks.
- The Brooksider – American food with an awesome patio.
- The Roasterie – Local coffee shop chain.
- Red Door Woodfired Grill – American food with a great happy hour.
- Brookside Barrio – New Mexican spot with a killer atmosphere.
- Michael Forbes – Kansas City restaurant staple.
- Domo – Sushi and various Asian plates.
- Avenues Bistro – European style restaurant known for brunch.
- Carmen’s Café – Traditional Italian cuisine with tapas.
- Jalapenos – Quick service Mexican.
- Foo’s Fabulous Frozen Custard – Wide-variety custard shop.
- Bella Napoli – Italian restaurant with a deli and market.
- The Fiddly Fig Florist – Florist and home décor shop.
- Tuesday Morning – Discounted home furnishings and décor.
- Savory Spice Shop – Spices, sauces and specialty extracts.
- Brookside Barkery and Bath – Pet shop with food, toys and grooming.
- Cosentino’s – Local grocery chain.
- Stuff – Boutique with gifts and collectables.
- Brookside Toy and Science – Children’s toys and gifts.
- Leopold Gallery – Nationally-ranked art gallery.
Like 39th Street, the Brookside Shopping District offers something for everyone! xx, Libbie.